Breasts are an essential part of the bodies of mammals. Breasts are mainly composed set of tissues and are placed over chest muscles (also known as pectoral muscles). In the case of women, there are specialized tissues and glands present that men might lack. One such tissue is glandular tissue. These tissues are responsible for the production of milk in the breasts of women. The layer of fat deposition underlying the breasts determines the size of the breasts. In the case of women, breasts are also referred to as be sexually arousing organs.
The breasts in cases of women are said to define and determine the level of attractiveness a woman seeks. Breasts are also referred to as boobs in slang terms. Based on their sizes, there are 27 different types of boobs.
Types of breasts in women:
- The Peaches
- The Conical
- The Wide Set
- The East-West
Just like the different types of breasts, there are different types of nipples too. Nipples are the darkened as well as the raised region of the tissue that is present on the surface of the breast. Nipples are present in both men and women. There are around 4 to 8 different types of nipples. The division and differentiation of these nipples are based on their placement, size, structure, etc.
4 prominent types of nipples:
- Unclassified (multiple or divided)
At the onset of puberty, girls experience several changes in physical appearance as well as in the physical parts of society. One of these changes is the enlargement of the breast. As the breasts start to develop in the adolescent they experience pain in the breasts and this irritates them too. This is the natural way of the increase or development in the size of the breasts.
The size of the breasts in women also increases during their pregnancy due to the secretion of milk by the glands. Many women also get confused with the changes going on in their body and this creates mental stress. Also, with the increasing cases of breast cancer among women it gets very essential for women to be vigilant of what all is going in their bodies.
Many women infer questions like:
- “Why is one breast bigger than the other”
- “Should I worry if one breast is bigger than the other”
- “Is it normal for one breast to be bigger than the other”
So for all such women who at any point in their life were shadowed by such questions but couldn’t seek proper guidance, here is the article you need. So, this article will answer all of your questions and provide you with 15 amazing facts about breasts.
Breast Symmetry is referred to as the condition in which one of the breasts has a different size, volume, position, or form from the other. The situation of breast asymmetry is very common in India. More than half of the total population of women undergo breast asymmetry. There could be numerous reasons behind breast asymmetry. Some of these reasons could be very generic and their repercussions would be ordinary.
Some of these reasons include:
- Physical stress or trauma
- Hormonal changes
- Due to the condition of juvenile hypertrophy
This is a condition that occurs due to internal changes in the body. It occurs due to some internal changes. In such cases, one of the breasts grows disproportionately large in comparison to the other. Such conditions can only be treated or corrected via surgery of the breasts.
There are many interesting facts about breasts, their development, etc. Proper knowledge of the facts about breasts helps women to stay vigilant and aware of their body and its development. Staying aware of one’s body is very important for mental peace and the overall wellness of the body. These changes or developments should not be neglected and must be properly taken care of.
Some of the interesting and surprising facts about breasts are:
- All mammals have breasts that are capable of producing milk for their babies but humans are the only primates whose breasts size changes at the age of adolescence and it continues to stay that way.
- Human breasts are simply a modified sweat gland composed of various fatty, fibrous, and glandular tissues. There are approximately 15 to 20 glands that are present beneath each of the nipples and are responsible for the production of milk. Certain scientific statistics state that during lactation on average each of the human breasts can produce up to 450 mL of milk. In total, both of the breasts can together combine up to yield around a liter of milk.
- During the menstrual cycle, the size of breasts in women keeps fluctuating and this mostly happens due to the level of fluctuation in levels of hormones namely progesterone.
- In a recent survey conducted by Triumph, exclusive and luxurious lingerie wear brand it has been found that millions of women around the globe don’t know the correct or appropriates size of bra for their breasts. This million constitutes 76% of the population. Wearing wrong sized bras bring along a list of drawbacks and difficulties. These drawbacks include neck pain, shoulder pain, back pain, etc.
- The sizes of the breasts are growing all around the world. This is spotted because of the increase in cases of obesity. A recent study based on the facts about breast size revealed that the average size of breast in America has shifted to 34DD from 34B.
- The average weight of a D cup sized bra could differ from 15 pounds to 23 pounds. This stated weight is similar to carrying a 6-month-old baby.
- Women while jogging or running must use good and firm sports bra. These sports bras keep the breasts firm and avoid them from shaking or coming out of the cups.
- Extensively large breasts are not only heavy and add a burden to the body but also expose the body to several health hazards common one being back pain.
- Breasts and nipples are sexually and erotically active and sensitive as stated by some of the sex researchers. The stimulation of nipples lights up the brain just like genital stimulation. Therefore, the sizes of the nipples also fluctuate during arousal.
- The majority of the women have outies kind of nipple somewhat only 10% to 20% of the women have innies or inverted nipples.
- Some of the studies based on the psychology of men state facts like:
- Men find the breasts of women as the most sexually stimulating part of the body
- The majority of men find bigger breasts to be more attractive than smaller ones.
- Men prefer girls or women with curves.
- Earlier models with heavier breasts and perfect curves were only preferred in Western countries. Later with the changing scenarios, such stereotypes were eradicated too.
- In the United States of America, breast augmentation is the most popular cosmetic surgery for women.
- The United States National Cancer Institute has stated that there is no correlation between antiperspirant and breast cancer.
- In 1955, it was the first time a bra commercial was played on TV, and in 1977 first-ever sports bra was created.
Above all were some of the very interesting yet unknown facts about breasts. However, there are a short set of frequently asked questions by women, and some myths concerning breasts have been mentioned. This will clear lots of questions for you.
Question: Is the pain in the left side of the breast ordinary?
Answer: This pain varies from person to person. In some cases, it could be a normal hormonal change whereas if prolonged could be due to heart problems or in association with lumps or cancer in the breast.
Question: Is breast size hereditary?
Answer: Yes, breast sizes are a combination of hereditary and environmental factors.
Question: What is the average size of breasts?
Answer: The average volume of breasts around the world stands at 327 millimetres.
Question: State reasons for the increase in breast size after marriage
Answer: Some people state it to be a myth. However some quote reasons like hormonal changes, stress, frequency of sexual intercourse, or pregnancy, etc.
CERTAIN MYTHS AND ACTUAL FACTS ABOUT BREAST:
Myth: Bra causes breast cancer
Fact: Bras do not cause cancers. It is a result of internal changes in the body.
Myth: Breast Cancer is the most common type of cancer among women
Fact: Lung Cancer is the most common type of cancer among women.
Do check our article: Weight gain during periods